The Aldersgate Ministry Reopening Team (MRT) have led our church community throughout the pandemic in adjusting to protect the health of the people within and served by our church community. We continue to commit to do all we can to slow the spread of the virus and keep it from overwhelming the health care systems as we step forward in love and trust.
MRT Announcement – 3/22/22
We continue to step forward safely and in love and trust and to do no harm as we navigate through the pandemic. Due to significant decline in Covid infection rates, the Centers for Disease Control and the state government guidance, Aldersgate Church will no longer require proof of vaccination or a negative test to enter the church building or require registration for in-person worship. At this time, we will continue to mask and observe social distancing. As permitted by the Bishop’s policy, we are also happy to announce we will begin live solo and ensemble singing by vaccinated persons at in-person worship. The MRT (Ministry Reopening Team) will review our covid-related policies every 2 weeks or as necessary and will update as needed.
Please note it is still very important that if you have symptoms you stay at home and follow all guidelines regarding exposures and illnesses. During this, yet another transition, Aldersgate Church’s hope is to be intentional in offering a safe and welcoming environment for all.
Clear the path for long-distance runners so no one will trip and fall, so no one will step in a hole and sprain an ankle. Help each other out. And run for it! –Hebrews 12:12, The Message
- Children (above 2 years) and Adults will be masked inside the building
- All will practice social distancing.
- Bathrooms will be open as normal. No contact water faucets have been installed in both upstairs bathrooms. We ask that you maintain 6 feet distancing while using and queuing up.
- Service will be no longer than 1 hour. Solo/Ensemble singing will be allowed as well as congregational singing.
- Pastor Wongee will lead us in contact free communion service on the first Sunday of the month.
- Hand sanitizer and Masks will be available.
Please find the complete Worship and Building Use Guidelines here.